Thursday, March 12, 2009

life after camp goes on

Back into real life, trying to keep myself busy to smooth the transition into the world after camp. I did some indoor running and swimming combos - trying to work on some newly learned swim techniques (hip rotating, head down, skating etc.). I don't know if it's working for me yet.

It seems that I need more carbs throughout my workouts - more than ever before. If I start at about 100 (5.5) I need at least 60g of carbs through 1.5 hour workout to prevent lows. I guess it's part of the ever-changing glucose/insulin relationship.

Carlene (wife) found a great link on runtri.com last night that details IM Wisconsin (Moo?).  It's got lots of tips throughout the course. We read through it and it really got me pumped.

It was also great reading Rick Crawford's article (thanks for the link Art)



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are already back at it. I've been lagging still a bit sick.

    ReplyDelete